.my thoughts have been wandering alot lately (whats new). but today made me sit back and say, i am really in a good place. i have been whining about having a baby lately. i was REAL emotional about it about a week ago, and now have passed it. andrew and i have talked in depth, and it has been good for us. crazy that MY EMOTIONAL BREAKDOWN was a blessing... we got close to one another, and it MADE us talk.
.today i attended a baby shower of a friend i have had since kindergarden. she is 7 months pregnant. where is her husband...off to training for the army. where is he going to be all of august.....training....where is he going to be 1 week after megan has their baby.....iraq.
.i look at megan, and i see strength. but i also see a girl who is newlywed (been married about 1.5 years) and is going to give birth to Arom and her first baby, and than proceed to say goodbye to her husband, and send him across seas to iraq to fight for his wife, his baby, me, you, and the rest of america.
.i heard this song, fell in love with the lyrics, and than watched the music video. i love it. not only does it make me think of megan, but also my life.... and how good i have it. today i was able to go out and get some jeans, and do some shopping with my girlfriend. i walk into my apartment that is BIGGER than kristina and dustin had WITH mia as a newborn. I have new furniture, nice table & chairs, kitchen set, bedset, bathroom, and an amazing husband. I am a spoiled newlywed, with a husband that works HARD in school. he knows my needs, and try to meet them. andrew's comment was, "when we have a baby... "I dont want you to have to work, i want you to be able to work at home, and be with the kid(s)."
.today seeing megan, she does have everything she wants, but come august she will be having a blessing of a newborn baby.... but she is also having to say goodbye to her husband. i am not trying to down on megan by any means... she has strength BEYOND belief. I was just put in my place, to realize how blessed i am.
Chorus of All I Ask for Anymore:
But when I bow my head tonight
There'll be no me myself and I
Just watch my wife and kids please lord
That's all I ask for any more
There'll be no me myself and I
Just watch my wife and kids please lord
That's all I ask for any more
(Read ALL the lyrics, than watch the music video...link posted below)
Tash :) Having a baby is wonderful. It really is. But having a year or so to really be with your hubby and get to know him and have time completely devoted to him is a wonderful thing too. It makes things easier when a little one does come that takes some of your focus off each other. You still have lots of time for baby making. Remember I was 25 when I GOT MARRIED! :) Luvs
ReplyDelete