blue dots background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

.nightmare.

.so lately, i dont know why... I have been having nightmares about things happening to my family. i wake up freaking out, staring out our door into the hallway waiting for someone to pop up and come get my family. the last night i had this nightmare, i seriously NO JOKE started singing in my head I Am a Child of God in my head, and was able to go back to sleep...but last night was different. I could sing all I wanted and nothing helped. I would still fall back to sleep in that same dream, and when I was awake I swear I heard people in my apartment. I tried to wake up Andrew and talk to him, but lately he has been going to bed around 3am...so he is OUT of it when i try to talk to him. I started crying..NOT JOKING...thinking how horrible I felt and that I just wanted Brooklynn in bed with me so I knew she was safe. 

.i than said a prayer.. and afterwards laid there thinking, "why me? what is going to happen to my family?" all of the sudden a scripture popped in my head. some random scripture that i had no clue what it said... so i found the ipod touch to read it...when i first read it...i thought... what!? That did not help me at all, so I tried to log onto facebook to waste time and try to get my mind on other things.. but it said it would not connect... i thought.. i need to read more. So i went back to the scripture and read the whole chapter. All 145 verses. I was tired by the end, but felt so much comfort. I realized that there are things the Lord would like me and my family to work on. Some of the things that were said and stood out to me were just for me personally, and some were for us, together, as a family. I also realized whenever I had been having these nightmares is when I would go to bed without saying prayer with Andrew. Its something so simple, but so important. 

.i am sorry if i bored some of you, i just promised myself I would write this down on my blog and share with everyone..that prayer really works. That the scriptures are true. That God knows us, and will comfort us in times of need. When we follow God's commandments, and the way He would like us to run our households...He will bless us. Thank goodness for the gospel in our lives, and for the opportunity we have to talk to the Lord. That he will let us know answers to our problems, and comfort us, if we let Him know we need His help, and our concerns/problems. I am SO thankful.

.well, enough about me, and my horrible nightmare last night, that was a blessing really, for me to turn to the Lord for His help and love. I will post more today of videos/pictures of Brooklynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment