blue dots background

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

.marathon runner.

Last week I walked into work (okay Kirby's house) already upset at myself for not going running. I have had this new goal in mind, of running at least 3 times a week, but have been failing at getting my body out of bed in the morning. This particular morning I had turned off my alarm clock and enjoyed more sleep....however, thinking about it on the way over to work...I was mad at myself.
Well I guess God knew that I needed help at getting to this goal, when Tammy asked me this,

"Are you a runner??"

"I was in shock... my repsonse was, "ah, well kinda, no. I am trying to get into running again."

She than proceeded with this...

"well I have this idea, but I need a friend to do it with me, and to keep me motivated, and on track..."

So at this point my mind wonders, "what is she going to say next? Cut back on junk food? Candy? Soda?...but was quickly interupted with...

"You want to run a half marathon with me??"

Words could not come out of my mouth. I was completely taken back. ME? I marathon runner? Finally when words came I said, "I dont know if my body would let me do that." Tammy laughed and said, "yes it could. It's not until October. I could probably only run 5-6 miles and walk the rest. Half marathon is 13 miles!!! I will look up information for us, and see if it's going to work for us." And proceeded to walk out the door with my mind tossing and turning.

Well. yesterday I went running for the first time since my senior year. Sure I have played a little ball when I coached at Hockinson, but nothing like Timed Mile Run. So I jogged/walked a mile to get warmed up. And than did another mile timed. I told myself to not get my hopes up. I jogged my mile in 9:30. I wasnt very happy or pleased. But I can't get down on myself for not running for such a long time. My body sure needed it, it is SO sore today... but its going to have to do something cause these legs are carrying me on my run tomorrow :) So even if we end up not doing the marathon, at this point I am happy with having the "mind set" that I am, and getting my body in shape.

PLUS I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE MY BODY LOOK LIKE THIS

2 comments: