.today we dropped off elder Westensee.
.or better known as uncle Evan.
.it was a hard day. I didn't cry like I thought I would, but I did get choked up and my eyes watered.
.its hard for someone you love so dearly, leave. Believe me. It's hard to say goodbye after vacation, stil for me. Just because you know the next time you see them won't be for a while. I go through this everytime saying bye to my family, especially when we moved to Texas.
.but this is Evan. Uncle Evan.
.evan who b grew so fond of and so close to while we lived to Rexburg. He watched Brooklynn more times than my sister that semester. B has such a love for her uncle Evan, and having to tell her, "give Evan a big hug and say goodbye cause he's going on a mission for two years" is hard knowing she is going to continually ask about him and "where'd Evan go"
(I am totally crying writing this)
.all morning b followed Evan around. And I am so grateful he let her. He hugged her, carried her, made her laugh and just cherished the morning with her. It was adorable and something I will always be grateful for Evan to take the time and do with his little side kick.
.we headed down to Provo to have pizza pie cafe as a family lunch before dropping Evan off. Than headed off to the mtc to send off our elder. We literally dropped him off at the curb. I do like the system more than going inside and making it total formal, but I also felt very rushed. But we got pictures and hugs.
As we were walking up to Evan from our car a lump formed in my throat, and my eyes filled with tears as b yelled, "bye Evan! Bye Evan" and reaching out for him to get a hug. I was so emotional and honored to be there to send off such an awesome young man. Although we miss him already we know the people in Argentina will be blessed by Elder Westensee.
.see ya in two Evan. I can't wait to see brooklynns reaction to have her buddy back!

















No comments:
Post a Comment