blue dots background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

.End of August Catch-Up.

I cannot believe its going to be September in just 4 days. That is absolutely crazy! I feel behind in blogging, but than I don't because nothing has really changed around here. But of course, I'll say that and it will end up being a ridiculously long post like my last one. 

It seems like the last week went by very slow and here I am laying in bed at 4:44am, already been awake for 44 minutes thinking about all of the things I need to get done before our week long trip to Arizona this weekend. I am so excited to see my sisters, my nieces and nephew and watch my kids interact with their cousins. Talin and Brooklynn are 7 months apart and Adilynn and Parker are 1.5 months apart! It's going to be hilarious watching them all together. Plus, I would be lying if I didn't say how excited I am to boat 2 days in the warm Arizona weather with warm Arizona water! 

So last week the kids went swimming at our friends neighborhood pool 3 times. We went once with our friend and her kids, the second time was like a big get together with the moms and their kids, and the third time was just our family. It was actually pretty cool when all the moms got together, there was probably at least 15 of us, plus our kids. During the summer our ward gets together at the neighborhood pool Mondays and Fridays. I love this! 

Brooklynn is still in love with water and can't get enough of it. Parker too. Parker will now sit on the edge of the pol and we say "jump" and he jumps in and goes under water! I'm pretty impressed my 1 year old has figured out how to hold his breath under water... I can't even do that. I'm dead serious, I totally have to plug my nose!

Andrew and I FINALLY got Costco memberships. I feel like I'm finally an adult. Goodness, it took forever for that boy to pay a ridiculous amount in groceries on some things before he agreed to get one. 

I started a cooking dinner swap. Can I tell you how I am NEVER going back? I'm dead serious. So me and 3 other moms sat down a week or so ago, and planned out a month worth of meals. We each picked a day of the week and we cook on that day for everyone. So for example, I have Mondays so I cooked my meal for me and the 3 other families and I deliver it to them. Than Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday I have meals delivered to my door. We all AGREE on the meals before hand. I am in love. I hate cooking. Absolutely hate figuring out what to cook. And this has just made me start to enjoy it a bit. I LOVE it. 

Last night USAA rented out 2 "show rooms" at a movie theatre and showed the movie "planes." For USAA employees  and their families. I swear half my ward was there. Okay, not half but at least 10 families that I can think of from our ward. When it first start Parker just stood on the seat and pointed. He was glued. Andrew and I were shocked to be honest. But than after 15 minutes I found myself in the back or out in the hallway for 3/4 of the movie. It was expected. He is 1 and it was close to bedtime. They served unlimited popcorn, which didn't help my goal weight whatsoever, and Andrew ate himself sick in popcorn. B probably drank 1.5 pops by herself and had to pee every 30 minutes. Lol. 

I don't know if I already Blogged about this. But for about 3 weeks now B is FULLY potty trained. I feel like I have said this for a year now, but this time it's for real. I was part of the problem, I would be afraid of her having an accident went we went out so I would put a diaper on her. Than when we did our trip to Utah/Washington this summer, I put a diaper on her. Than one day she did not want anything to do with diapers. It was great. Than be night I forgot to put a diaper on her, she woke up dry. Wahoo! We had 3 nights if her wetting the bed (thank you protect the bed cover) and After that she is accident free. I LOVE it. I can't complain because she turned 2 in April and she is out of diapers. But it had to be on her time. She still has accidents every now and than, but shoot I about wet myself sometimes too. I'm super proud of her. 

Ha! My post is long again. Time to upload  pictures. Otherwise we have been hanging at home, enjoying time as family.  My family room is painted. My curtains are picked out, however, I have to find a matching set. Brooklynns room is just about done. My room is painted but we are repainting my frame and the nightstands, so that reveal won't be for a while. But Brooklynns and the family room should be in the next 3 weeks. I also bought two pieces of furniture that I am going to sand down and repaint. I'm really excited and scored them for an awesome price! I'm excited to see the finished product! 

We had a thunderstorm and I let the kids go play in it. They had a blast. 
Maybe I should say they played on the covered patio, instead of my kids played in a thunder storm. B figured out to fill the water bottle from the rain gutter and poor it on Parker's head. Poor guy!

Andrews brother, Tyler, drove to Arizona with some friends for a chick-fli-a grand opening. They stayed there for almost 24 hours and scored like 50 free chick-fli-a meals! He sent Andrew like 6 or 8 free meal cards for his birthday. This was our first time ever trying it. We usually get a shake. Lol. Andrew approved. 
B girl playing with the Minnie ears. 
Parker playing with the Minnie ears.
Sunday afternoon. 
I'm officially an adult... Well I guess I feel like one. I have been an adult when I got married and had 2 kids. 
This is Parker folding his arms for prayer. (Don't judge the pathetic meal, this is BEFORE the dinner swap).
Parker had a fight with the fireplace, and lost. 
Laundry day at our house.
B helping with laundry too.
This is a new thing B and her Daddy started. Reading before bed. It's adorable and I love it. And I need to get her more books!
Sneak Peak of our family room (you can see where it's not painted yet above the TV).
Sneak Peak of Brooklynns Bedroom
B and i went up to get Parker from his nap, when I said common b she said, I want to go night night and she did. In Parker's crib.
Went to a few garage sales last weekend and scored big time. This is a shirt I got for .50 cents.  
Some girls in my ward are apart of a group where we clean and organize our house in 4 weeks. It has one big task everyday. And one small one. We have to post pictures pricing we did it. This day it was set the timer for 15 minutes and clean your kitchen (small task) and clean out your fridge ( big task). 
Lunch date with daddy. 
Can you tell how thrilled she is to go swimming?
Scored these brand new shoes for B for 5 each. And she even wears the sandals... Thank goodness she grew out had the nothing-between-my-toes-phase. 
I also scored these and a black and white Adidas pair for Parker for $7 each
Curled Brooklynns hair in Sunday. She looked adorable.
And very grown up. 
Movie night.
Movie night.
One of two projects. Can you see the potential? Ps that's NOT me, it's from the ad posting. 
Second of the big project. 
I scored this adorable jacket for B. she will need it in the winter when we go to Utah for Christmas. We couldn't be more thrilled to see everyone. (Gosh she looks grown up) 

Long Post again...sorry... Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment